iRobot Roomba 880 Vacuum Cleaning Robot Review
Nowadays, people want to have advanced equipment in every field. From Space Rockets which are helpful for country development to Vacuum cleaners that are useful for home cleaning. Hence, comes the advanced Vacuum cleaners, iRobot Vacuums. The iRobot Roomba 880 is the latest vacuum in the manufacturer’s series of robot vacuum cleaners. We watched as the 880 Roomba tackled a variety of trash across a variety of floor types, such as carpet, hardwood and linoleum. It also proved to have no difficulty rolling over thresholds between hard flooring and medium-pile carpet, and it cleaned a thin rug without eating it. Hence, we are here giving the best robot vacuum cleaner, Roomba 880 reviews.
iRobot Roomba 880 Review 2019
The Roomba 880 vacuum offers adaptive navigation with multiple sensors, a higher efficiency vacuum and a dual contra-rotating brush system that can accurately grab dirt from your floors. The low slung shape of iRobot Roomba 880 is perfect for getting around corners, furniture or anything that might get in its way. Even though the criss-cross cleaning pattern of this Robot Vacuum cleaner might look random, it is designed carefully to give complete coverage. Unlike other laser-sensor vacuum cleaners, the iRoomba 880 will do quite a lot of bumping around before it finds its way. With the help of these Roomba reviews 2019, you can know the performance of this Roomba 880 with rubber roller that is good at picking up chunkier debris. The iRobotRoombaa 880 vacuum cleaning robot is good with edges.
The dedicated side brush of iRoomba 880 deals great with the transition between hard floors and carpet. You can easily and quickly move this robot vacuum to another room with a quick lift on its handle. Moreover, the weight of this 880 Roomba is less than 9 pounds, hence it’s easy for almost anyone to transport it. The side spinning brushes on this Roomba vacuum 880 were effective at pushing trash into the path of the robot. Therefore, the centre flexible brush could push it farther back to be absorbed and inserted into its bin. The iRobot Roomba 880 robotic vacuum cleaner lets you know when it needs recognition by display on its body. This Roomba vacuum occasionally bumped into furniture and walls. Moreover, when it is bumped it did so gently and cause no damage because of its soft front bumper.
Roomba 880 Vacuum Cleaner Highlights
- Tangle free AeroForce extractors.
- Airflow accelerator.
- High efficiency vacuum.
- 5 times more powerful than previous Roomba vacuum cleaners.
- Vacuums every section of floor number of times.
- Detects dust and dirt and concentrates extra cleaning effort where it is needed the most.
- Long lasting component parts.
- Requires no tools to maintain.
- New iRobot XLife battery.
- Cleans along wall edges.
- Automatically charges in between cleanings.
- Works on all floor types.S
Roomba vacuum 880 Overview
- The iRobot Roomba Vacuum 880 comes with a remote control, that makes easy to set the schedule without touching the body of the vacuum at all.
- The best thing about this robotic vacuum is its virtual lighthouse. It serves as a new technology that serves as a temporary virtual wall.
- If you want your Roomba iRobot 880 clean only your living room, you can set up the lighthouse to beam an infrared light to block the Roomba’s path.
- Once it finishes the cleaning, the beam will turn off and allow the Roomba vacuum to pass and clean the next room in its path.
- The AeroForce cleaning system includes two bristle-free extractors that rotate inward toward one another to speed airflow and hence increase suction.
- There is also a high-efficiency vacuum and a new XLife battery that claims to last much longer.
- The display on the top of the i robot Roomba includes three buttons namely, Dock, Clock, Schedule, and Spot.
- Hit the Dock button and your Roomba will return to Home Base to charge.
- Select Clock and you can set the day, hour, and minute.
- Choose Schedule and you can program a specific cleaning routine for your Roomba to tackle every week.
- The 880 Roomba also has various indicator lights to communicate with you as it charges or cleans.
- Docked, the battery light will flash amber as it charges and it will maintain a solid green colour when it’s fully charged.
- Solid red that displayed on this Roomba iRobot 880 means that the battery is empty.
- A troubleshooting light will appear if there’s a problem in the process of cleaning. Ans also an antitangle light will display when the Roomba Vacuum is trying to untangle itself from something.
Simple to Use
The usage of iRoomba 880 vacuum cleaner is very efficient and simple. Simply set it on regular clean, spot clean, or create your own schedule in advance, and let it move. You can also rely on different accessories like the Virtual Walls and the Lighthouses mentioned in the Features part. Hence can keep it away from leaving a room or to help it throughout your house and back to Home Base. The 880 Roomba requires very little effort and interaction with you. The iRoomba also senses how long it needs to clean the given space. The robotic vacuum returns to the dock to charge when it thinks that task is done. However, you can’t specifically estimate how long it might take the Roomba vacuum to clean a room.
Sure, the iRobot Roomba vacuums follow algorithms that reach as much ground as possible. But if you want fast cleaning and watching a Roomba run is just like waiting for water to boil. Moreover, the dust bin is easy to remove. If the Roomba vacuum is not positioned correctly it will dump everything it just cleaned all over the place. And as the iRoomba is small, you need to empty that bin and shake out the filter pretty much every time you use it. It is also recommended that you replace the filter about six times a year and clean both debris extractors every four months (and sometimes even more if you have pets). Moreover, the sensors need to be cleaned regularly.
iRobot Robot Vacuum cleaner 880 Specifications
|iRobot Roomba 880 Specs|
|Colour Category||Black, White|
|Tools included||Side brush|
|Power type||Rechargeable batteries|
|Cleaning Accessories||HEPA filter, Virtual Wall Lighthouse unit, XLife battery, remote control, self-charging Home Base|
|Special Features||AeroForce cleaning system, Ultra Soft bumper, Dirt Detect technology, Wall-Following, airflow accelerator, Persistent Pass cleaning system, iAdapt technology, anti-tangle technology, weekly schedule cleaning mode, cliff detection sensor.|
Didn't find the right price? Set price alert below
i robot Roomba 880 Pros and Cons
- Decent cleaning.
- Fits under most furniture.
- Dirt sensor technology.
- Useful accessories.
- Effective edge brush.
- Bump steering rather clunky.
- Missed small area of the test room.
- Relatively low suction.
- Rather noisy.
iRobot Roomba Vacuum For Sale
iRobot, the leading global consumer robot company, designs and builds robots that empower people to do more both inside and outside of the home. iRobot’s products include the award winning Roomba Vacuuming Robot and many of mopping robots. The Roomba vacuums have been welcomed into millions of homes around the world and are hard at work every day helping people to get more done. iRobot is at the forefront of developing technologies in the areas of mapping and navigation, human-robot interaction, and physical solutions. We seek to build an ecosystem of robots and data to enable the smart home, both through internal initiatives and by building strategic external partnerships.
|Price history for iRobot Roomba 880 Robot Vacuum|
In this expanding world of robot vacuums, iRobot Roomba 880 surpasses many of its competitors. Its ability to seamlessly transition from carpet to hardwood, and clean anything, really does set it apart. Basically, there isn’t much that this hardworking but can’t clean. Robot vacuum cleaners are provided to replace traditional vacuuming. They simply have the suction of a similarly priced canister or upright vacuum cleaners, for instance. So, if you have a high-traffic area that’s regularly coated in dirt, this iRobot Roomba 880 is still a supplement at its best.