Maintenance of Robot Vacuum Cleaner – How to clean?
If you are reading this article ‘Robot Vacuum Cleaner Maintenance’, means you have either purchased your robotic vacuum cleaner already or planning to buy one very soon. Most robot vacuum cleaners available in the market are very compact and pretty easy to use.
They can be used in almost all areas of your home as they can go under couches, chairs, beds and other furniture. Most robotic vacuum cleaners are designed with owners in mind, to provide them the best experience while using them. However, it is wise to always read through the manual and other instructions once you unpack your vacuum cleaner.
Robot Vacuum Cleaner Maintenance
For your robotic vacuum to work well for a long period of time, it is necessary to maintain them regularly. Read through the operating manual and ensure that you use the robotic vacuum cleaner in the right manner and orient yourself to the repairable components.
Before starting to use, allow your robotic vacuum cleaner to charge to its maximum capacity.
How to clean Robot Vacuum Cleaner?
The first step while cleaning a robotic vacuum cleaner is to empty the dust bin in the cleaner. Remove the dust bin from the robot vacuum, dump the debris into a garbage bin. Wipe the interior of the dust bin with a rag to remove any dust stuck to the walls of the bin.
The next step would be to clean the brushes and filters. Remove the brushes and filters following the instructions in your user manual. The filter is usually located close to the dust bin. Also, remove the brushes. Gently tap the filter and brushes on the floor or a wooden surface. Use a rag or a small brush to remove the dust and debris stuck to the filter and brushes.
Check if the filter and brushes can be washed. If they are washable, then wash them gently with warm water and mild soap. Rinse them well and dry them out in sunlight or air supply. Replace them back along with the dust bin.
Although robot vacuum cleaners are self-sufficient, periodic cleaning of sensors and lasers are necessary to ensure smooth operation. The sensors are either located at the top or at the bottom of the robot vacuum cleaner. Use a microfiber cloth to gently clean the surface of the sensors.
Some robot vacuum cleaners have a camera in addition to sensors, in the top surface. Use a microfiber cloth to gently wipe the camera or laser lens. If it’s not reachable with cloth, use an air filter to remove the dirt and dust.
Reassemble the entire set up using manufacturer instructions and do a trial run to check if the robot vacuum cleaner is working properly.
Tips While Cleaning the Robot vacuum
While cleaning your robot vacuum cleaner, you need to keep certain safety measures and tips in mind.
- Never use any harsh chemicals or cleaning agents to clean the dust bin, brushes or filters. Always use warm water with or without a very mild soap to clean the parts.
- The dirt bins or brushes are not dishwasher safe. So don’t throw them into the dishwasher and think your job is done. It might seriously damage the parts.
- Always hand clean the replaceable parts like dirt bins, brushes or filters and dry them completely before you replace them.
- Turn over to view the blower assembly. Clean the fan blades gently using a cotton swab.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean the interior of the vacuum.
- Never use cleaners or water to remove dust from the sensors or laser lens. Always ensure that use a soft microfiber cloth to avoid damage and scratch on the surface of the lens.
- Don’t use a damp cloth on the sensors or laser lens. The cloth should always be dry completely.
- If your robot vacuum cleaner has a HEPA filter, make sure to not wash it with water, as wetness can damage the suction capacity of the filters.
- Check for the life of all replaceable parts in your robot vacuum cleaner. Replace the parts regularly at the assigned time. Using a worn-out part is not going to benefit you anyway!
- The usual lives of various parts are as follows: Brushes last around 6 to 12 months; Battery around 12 to 18 months and filters 1 to 3 months.
- Install the app associated with your robot vacuum cleaner, once you buy it. Check for regular software and firmware updates and install them on time.
- Always let the batteries drain completely before you recharge them. Check the operating manual on the frequency of charging.
- Remove hairs and other dust stuck to the wheels of the robot vacuum cleaner. Do not wash the wheels.
- Clean the dust bins regularly and do not allow them to accumulate to the brim.
Robot Vacuum Maintenance Guide
Clean your floors!
To ensure proper maintenance of your robot vacuum cleaner, always ensure that you make the necessary preparation in your home. Keep curtain hems or pull cords away from the floor. Remove unnecessary items such as toys and other household items from the cleaning area.
If you have pets, ensure that you remove any pet excreta on the floor of your home.
Take care of the sensors and lasers!
If your robot vacuum cleaner is stuck in some corner of your home, do not pull it directly. Instead, slowly remove the hurdle to divert the vacuum cleaner away from the hurdle.
Empty the bins regularly!
Always clean the dust bins on a regular basis. These bins are usually smaller than traditional cleaners and hence it is better to not allow them to overfill. When the bin is overfilled, the filters and brushes might have dust and other particles stuck without being moved to the bin.
The way to maintain
Maintaining your robot vacuum cleaner does not have a stark difference, from that of a traditional vacuum. However, you need to be very cautious while cleaning your robot vacuum cleaner as there are several sensitive parts, which can get damaged easily.
Ensure that important things like emptying your bin, cleaning your brushes and filters and updating the software, are done properly. Use this guide to clean each of the parts and ensure to do it gently and with care.
If you maintain a regular cleaning schedule, your robot vacuum cleaner will stay good for a long time and will clean your surface perfectly well each time, every time! For more information, stay in touch with our website: www.robotvacuums.io